Saturday, October 10, 2015

A500.9.4.RB – HaganJason

A500.9.4.RB – Course Reflections

What might you have done to improve your learning experience in this course?
I pursued this course with 100% commitment and effort. Leadership and Mindset are cornerstones in my personal life. I am blessed to have been brought up in environment that develops the necessary qualities and attributes to be a successful leader. I also have had the distinct honor of being mentored and influenced by leaders who place “mindset” as primary. This course has fortified both of those cornerstones for me.

How might the University or your instructor provide additional support for your learning?
I personally gravitate towards successful, influential leaders who can unpack their understanding and reasoning in a way that captures my mind’s eye. For example; the TED videos are powerful. I would like to of had 9 TED “like” videos to break down, one each week. In an online course, the value of watching a powerful sermon from a leader keeps the “human” element to the digital course. While, I think the discussion between students is healthy and it allows for students to learn from one another, I personally put more value on learning from a vetted industry leader with proven thoughts, ideas, and rational. I ask that either the course and or University provide my support for learning by establishing more relations with American leaders who are passionate, influential, and successful. Once establishing this relationship, give them the opportunity to influence the future leaders of this great Country (ERAU Students!). I felt the instructor did a very good job in the discussion boards to further the conversation, asking questions that spark new thought or insight. Sustain! 

Were there topics covered in this course that seem particularly relevant or irrelevant to your experiences and to what you expect to come in future courses?
The text book, articles, and videos I found relevant. I did not find “The Brain” to be very relevant. It felt more like busy work. It did not make me better in anyway. It seems to be “cool” software, but it seems like it was someone’s pet project that was sold to the ERAU program to funnel students through at a big cost to the student. The use of the software, I personally believe needs to be reevaluated. Something like that should be free for ERAU students. I will not take that software with me in life beyond the MSLD requirements.
America is full of VERY successful leaders. I expect that the MSLD program would be filled with their influence. This is imperative in developing future leaders.

Best Regards,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment