Saturday, August 15, 2015

A500.1.5.RB_JasonHagan

As this first week of class has revealed itself, there have been plenty of intellectual insights gained from both our required readings and our classroom discussion board posts. These golden nuggets of new intellectual insight have caused me to reflect on moments in my life were these truths have shown themselves. The amount of new intellectual insights and truths gained this week creates a need for perseverance just in its self. For me, when the new information flow is high, I am initially put on my back foot as I begin to process it all. It would be easy for me to become frustrated initially trying to grasp a new insight or truth. The most difficult part for me is compartmentalizing a very demanding professional career, quality family time, and now the requirements of pursuing a Masters degree. I personally don't refer to an obstacle as some immovable object. I see things through the lens of challenge. While some at work would not see my decision to pursue a Masters degree as a rational thing to due considering the landscape I am faced with at work, I have always been a person who's cadence in life is a little different than most. My family couldn't be more supportive of this decision because they have complete understanding of who I am and what drives me to achieve more in life. Between work and school, having intellectual perseverance is paramount. I know there will be great challenge that will require me to persevere in the midst of moments of difficulties, obstacles (challenge), and frustrations. 

A good leader has the capacity to compartmentalize in difficult moments in order to seek clear intellectual insights and truths. A good leader has a since of what the greater good is, allowing him or her to filter out the negative irrational opposition. A good leader realizes that there will always be opposition. A good leader has the intellectual flexibility to quickly grasp any new insight or truth in order to achieve a greater understanding, resulting in better decision making. A good leaders intellectual perseverance allows him or her to remain open minded. They are willing to learn anything from anyone because they believe that by allowing the flow of new insights or truth leads to greater understanding and insight. 

Best Regards,
Jason Hagan

No comments:

Post a Comment